Image Map

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wendy Wednesday!


Hey peeps!
It's hump day and you know what that means?
Duh it's Wednesday...
And not just any Wednesday!
I have a special guest today for weigh-in Wednesday who has given me a lot of inspiration to keep going!!!
I am STILL, yes STILL, fighting the hell virus.

{my thisshitfuckingsucks face}
I do feel a lot better today but I am not saying I feel better just yet because I don't want to jinx it.
I promise my sassy ass will be back tomorrow.
In the meantime meet Wendy!!!

Hi, y'all! I'm Wendy, writer at Daily Dose of Del Signore. I am guest posting for Marcy today and I want to share my weight loss story with you. Losing weight has been such a struggle for me, but I have honestly never felt better in my entire life. I battled with daily heartburn, back issues, and depression because I had put on so much weight. Now that I am healthier, I have a second chance to really enjoy life. So, here's my story....


  • On November 12, 2011, I celebrated my son's second birthday. We spent the day with our families at a local railroad museum. When I got home, I started going through all the pictures. That was the very moment I realized that I was done with it all. I was beyond devastated that I was actually balancing my son on my fat roll in pictures.
  • I was approached by Sensa to try two months of their products and blog about it. I jumped at the opportunity! I started their program on December 26, 2011. At that time I started looking at everything I was eating. Sense really decreased my appetite which was helpful since I loved to pig out on unhealthy foods.
  • By January 4, 2012, I had lost 16 pounds with Sensa. I started to see my health problems decrease and I began drinking more water.
  • On January 16, 2012, I finally gathered the courage to show everyone here my before pictures. Those before pictures have motivated me when I have gotten discouraged with a plateau. I also discovered that day so many of you were actually pulling for me! It was so humiliating to show how out of control things were for me, but it was also the most freeing thing I had done. I allowed myself to see reality and let y'all hold me accountable!
  • On January 25, 2012, I finally reached my prepregnancy weight! I never thought I would achieve that. I had given up hope and I was just amazed when it finally happened.
  • February 20, 2012, I had lost 27 pounds. My Sensa experiment was over and I was scared that I couldn't do it without the products.
  • At the beginning of March, I had almost reached my half way mark. March 1, 2012, my family took so many pictures at the marina I work for. I was so proud of my progress and thrilled to see pictures of me with my son that I didn't cringe over. Little did I know that my weight loss journey would be put on hold the very next day.
March 010

  • March 2, 2012, my whole life was completely turned upside down. The marina my family works for was hit by an EF3 tornado. For the next three weeks, we worked non-stop without a day off. Our lives were filled with clean up efforts and any attempt to return to normal. Your can read about it HERE, HERE, and HERE. Friends, I have never been through a more traumatic period in my life.
  • Due to the stress and my insane emotional eating, I didn't officially reach my half way mark until April 20, 2012. I was simply watching everything I ate to lose this weight.
  • On May 29, 2012, I had plateaued for around 4-5 weeks. I decided to start actually counting my calories and staggering them. I would eat 1200 calories one day, then I would jump up to about 1600 the next. It kept my body from getting used to the same intake each day and I started working out of the plateau.
  • On August 10, 2012, I found a water that I didn't mind drinking! I shared the apple-cinnamon detox water that I absolutely swear by. Not only did it make water more tolerable at the time, but I was able to lose weight that crept back up. If you hate water, please give this a try!
  • On October 1, 2012, I started sharing some of my tips and tricks in my 31 Days to a Better You Series. Looking back now, I believe this is where I really started to notice how much I wanted to inspire others to live healthier lives. I have a huge heart to help people reach a healthier weight and I am so blessed that this blog can do that.
  • November 12, 2012, found me comparing my year's progression.
  • December 21, 2012, I was nominated for a WEGO health activist award.
  • January 30, 2012, I finally admitted here what scared me into finally taking my weight loss seriously.
  • March 12, 2013, I shared my water drinking habits, sugar intake, and how I aim to eat one salad a day.
  • Even though I had lost a lot of weight, I needed to tighten up my skin. It Works Body Wraps do the trick! My tummy area has shrunk so much. When I revealed my weight last week, so many people couldn't believe it. I look much smaller than I am because of the wraps.

My biggest things that help me stay focused?

  • Eat protein! For breakfast, I eat a protein bar and Greek yogurt to keep me full. I consume 20 grams of protein just for breakfast.
  • Keep your butt out of those fast food places in the beginning! Get control of your eating and then make healthy choices while dining out. Some places I don't step foot in: Kentucky Fried Chicken (their only veggie is green beans filled with sodium) and Long John Silvers. If you walk in a place to eat that doesn't offer more then two salad meal options, turn your behind around. Not even kidding. When I eat out, I stick with salads unless I go somewhere that has low calorie menu options. Applebee's is fabulous for this!
  • Drink more water. Take your body weight and divide it in half. That is the number of ounces of water per day that you need!
  • Work your way into a healthier lifestyle by making one change at a time. Let one healthy change become a habit before starting the next. Don't overwhelm yourself by trying to overhaul your life overnight. I promise it rarely works and normally doesn't last very long.
  • Keep track of your calories. I use My Fitness Pal and I love it. You can easily calculate how many calories are in meals at your favorite restaurants. It helps you stay on track! Some large dinner salads can contain more calories that regular menu meals.
  • Take Before and During pictures. There will be days that you are just so frustrated. If I didn't have these, I might have quit. Take measurements as well. Even though you may be getting smaller, your mind doesn't always accept that fact. Some days I still feel like I'm 60 pounds heavier.
  • Hold yourself accountable by sharing your progress with friends or family. When I shared my progress with my Facebook friends, I got such an overwhelming amount of support.
  • Find a weight loss buddy! I have made several weight loss blog friends along the way. We cheer each other on. I've also found friends at church that I enjoy going to Zumba with. I don't think I would have tried it on my own (I'm actually a little shy in real life), but I am so glad my friends got hooked on it with me.
  • Eat one big salad a day. Period.
  • Stick to the whole grains to feel fuller and leave starches and sugars behind.

To date I have lost 57.9 pounds. I have 3.6 pounds to lose until I reach my original weight loss goal. My journey will not end there! I plan to set new goals and work towards becoming healthier.

On November 12, 2011, I wore a size 18 pair of jeans. I wore XL everything. Actually, I still ran around in some of my maternity clothes...


Today, I wear a size 10 comfortably. I wear mostly Mediums with some Smalls now. Just in my pooch area of my belly I have lost 10 whole inches of fat. I am not on any medications and I have no health issues. This is by far the healthiest I have been in my entire life.


I hope you'll follow along over at Daily Dose of Del Signore as I reach my goal and keep going!

 
button
 

8 comments:

  1. You look SO good, girl! Nice work!
    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, you look amazing and what an inspiration! Going over to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! YOu look great- i need to know about the cinnamon water. COngrats on all the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cinnamon water is amazing! You will love it!!!

      Delete