Image Map

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Taber Tuesday!

While I am still taking a much need hiatus I have another gem guest posting for me today.
I have a serious girl crush.
We basically love all of the same things...
That makes us instant BFF's.
Right?!

So show my girl some love while I am STILL, yes I repeat, STILL trying to get over this hell virus.


Hey everyone!

I am so stoked to be guest posting for Marcy today! I was stalking her on Instagram, and she said she was looking for guest posters but I'm still a little starstruck that i get to! Marcy is one of my very favorite bloggers, I love her raw honesty. She isn't afraid to share her emotional struggles and her successes. She's not a weight-loss blogger who pretends to be perfect all the time, and her being real makes me love her even more! Not to mention she is one of the nicest people I've ever met in blog land.

Il tell you all a little about me, I blog over at Taber Time. I've been blogging about running and my love of food for a while now, but I'm just now getting to the weight loss part. Marcy is a huge inspiration to me now that I have started to try and work on my weight. I've struggled with my weight gaining and losing about 30 lbs several different times. I'm finally sick of the cycle and sick of getting fat.
Emotional and life stress seem to always take priority and I haven't really been willing to put in the time and mental change to my life style.
I've tried several different methods to lose weight  everything from hardly eating to paying a few thousand for a trainer. They have all worked for me but not enough to stick long term. The difference this time is that I have long term goals, I've seen the cycle too many times and I'm ready to make a permanent change. Currently, I'm trying a new plan- counting my macros. There is flexibility in what you eat, but you calculate your fats, proteins, and carbs to be the optimum amount for your body to burn fat. It's only been a week but I'm learning so much. My diet was wayyy too heavy in fat. I don't feel deprived and in fact I get one high carb day a week so I never feel too restricted and I've already lost a few lbs. I'm not as controlled as many people, and I came across Ashley on Instagram who is helping me with my macro meal plan. Contact her here and tell her I sent you if your interested in more information about it! She is sweet, helpful and answers all my annoying questions. I'm still learning as I go, and I can't wait to see where this journey takes me. I can only hope to be as successful and inspiring as Marcy is!
I'll leave you with that before I get too lengthy! Thanks for listening to a piece of my story! You can read more about my journey on my blog, I share my struggles, recipes, running and random life updates.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment