Image Map

Friday, May 17, 2013

The Diary of a Fat Mommy...

Hi all, I'm going to go ahead and introduce myself, I'm Amy @ The Diary of a Fat Mommy and I'm guest posting today!  Marcy would have introduced me, but she's pretty sick today, let's all wish her a GET WELL SOON! 


A couple of days ago, Marcy asked on her Instagram if anyone was willing to guest post for her.  I volunteered, thinking, "Sure, why not?  Just like posting on my blog, right?"  Ummm... not really!  I've got a few readers, but Marcy is freaking famous.  So when she asked me last night if she could still take me up on my offer -- I kinda panicked!

I put my big girl panties on and jumped at the opportunity of letting you all meet this Fat Mommy. 




I want to tell you all about why  I embarked on this journey:

Honestly, I was sick and tired of being sick and tired of how fat I looked was.  Tired of how I felt.  Tired of the fact that I was living in yoga pants because nothing else fit me comfortably.  Tired of feeling ashamed.  I had given up on myself, really let myself go.  And then I asked myself a question. "If you can't focus on yourself and you're so uncomfortable in your own skin, how do you think others see you?"  On the outside I looked happy & bright, but on the inside I was crumbling.


I started to research weight loss, doing it the healthy way.  And I stumbled upon an amazing community, the blog world.  The more I read, the more I found myself relating to those women.  They had all been where I was.  They all started somewhere and if they could do it, I was certain that I could too.

So I got up one morning and went for a run and then wrote about it.  I ran and wrote, ran and wrote, ran and wrote.  The more I ran, the more I wanted to write, to share MY struggles.  And the more I did this, the more I believed in myself.  Starting was difficult, but making that decision was the first step in this commitment to myself.

 
I've lost 19 lbs and every day I add more to my routine.  And you know what keeps me going everyday?  The fact that I know there are more people out there that feel the way I felt two months ago.  In the hopes that they will find my blog and say, "I can do this!"  Because you CAN!  You're not alone, we're all in this together!  Believe in yourself, because I believe in YOU!




Bored yet?  Check out my blog on Monday, where I'll be letting you all know about the key elements I follow to ensure I succeed!






12 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Amy!I can relate to everything you just wrote. And I am loving this blogging community and seeing people are having the same struggles I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read you, Amy! Poppin' over!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post Amy! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Amy! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a change you never really realize what 19 lbs really is!!!! Great job girl and get well marcy!! Running over to follow your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shana! I'm 4'11" so 19 lbs makes a BIG difference either on or off! Hahaha!

      Delete
  6. Hi Tanya! Done! :) Look forward to chatting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 19lbs is amazing!! You should be so proud!! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete