Image Map

Friday, May 24, 2013

FattoFit Friday with Lori my soul seester from another meester!

The one and only Lori is guest posting for me today.
She has been such an inspiration and sweet spirit to step into my life.
God has a path for us all and he chose for us to meet!
She is a freaking rock star and if you don't follow her you really need to.
She has given me so much amazing advice along the way and helps me to keep pushing along.
I figured she would be the perfect person to guest post before the holiday weekend.
Seriously Mama is bangin'!!!
 
Hey guys, it's Lori from FATTOFIT41! I am here to post for one of my absolute favs, MARCY!!! I thought I would do a little post on how to keep your healthy eating habits in check, over the holiday weekend!
1. If you are going to a party where you KNOW they are serving nothing but crap, eat a healthy little snack before you leave the house. Some protein would be best. AND....drink a HUGE glass of water!
2. If you are going to a party and need to bring a dish, make a lighter version of one of your favorite fat filled treats! I tend to always bring buffalo chicken dip, made light. I use light ranch, Greek yogurt and a little bit of miracle whip in mine! I also bake my own tortilla chips. I make them from the low carb, high fifer tortillas. Just cut them up into triangles and toast them up!
3. Try and drink alcoholic beverages that are not all sugary! So if you want a margarita, use Diet Sierra Mist, lime juice and tequila. It ends up tasting quite yummy. I have also made a yummy drink with Diet Squirt and pink grapefruit flavored Vodka. SO YUMMY! Another go to for me is UV Blue and Crystal Light Lemonade. These are all yummy and have way less carbs than a Jose Cuervo Margarita!
4. When drinking, I have a glass of water in between my adult beverages. It keeps you hydrated AND fills you up!
5. If you are not bringing your own dish to share, look for things that are not mayo based. I try and avoid the dips. Look for hummus or salsa. Also try and avoid pre-mixed salads. Salad dressing can be a killer! The calories add up so quickly and they just aren't worth it. If something is already in a sauce, I try and wipe some of the sauce off. BBQ sauce tends to be loaded with sugar. Again, such a waste of calories. As far as chips go, measure out a serving. You will be amazed that 15 Doritos or Tortilla chips really is enough to satisfy you. If they have a bowl of nuts, go for the almonds or walnuts. I just don't think you get many nutrients from a peanut. :)
6. Desserts! They do NOT have to be your downfall. I always bring my own to share. Even if I don't have to, I do. I try and make something with fruit. Usually a lower calorie crisp. I also love to bring no-bake cookies. Another good one is mock ice cream sandwiches. I take some graham crackers, chocolate or regular, put on some cool whip that is either plain or flavored with PB2, drizzle some Hershey's low sugar syrup on it, top with another graham cracker and freeze. SO YUMMY! The kids will love these!
7. When grilling out, I make burgers. I don't eat red meat, so I make turkey burgers. But regular burgers are still OK! When buying ground turkey, I get the extra lean. I add some Worcestershire sauce, a little Heinz 57 and some spices. This makes the burgers extra tender. When I put it on the bun, I scrape out the top of the bun, less carbs this way! I also use very little ketchup and use a yummy mustard with pickles and 2% American Cheese. You can bake up some sweet potato fries and serve them with some honey mustard. SO GOOD! I also love to make cole slaw, but I make a vinegar based one. Deviled eggs are good too, just use light mayo ( I use light miracle whip) and Splenda. Baked beans are good, just measure out your serving. A little really does go a long way. If you want chips, get some Sun Chips. These are so yummy and tend to be more filling and easier on the grease factor.
8. If you fill like you really just want to eat like a piggy, up your workouts! They don't have to be long and drawn out, fit a couple 20 minute ones in. On the weekends I like to work out first thing. Then it is done. I also like to do a 20 minute one in the late afternoon. This helps with the guilt factor and tends to make me less hungry. Heck even cleaning the house counts! So that for an hour or so. Also yard work can be a killer calorie burner.
9. I use myfitnesspal and this also helps me keep on track. If you are seeing all that you are putting in your body, you are less likely to over indulge.
10. Most important thing to remember, you CAN have what you want, just have it in moderation. Don't give yourself a free pass to eat like a piggy all weekend. If you do, come Tuesday morning, you will be pissed at yourself and most likely feel like shit! Challenge yourself. See just how "good" you can eat. This is what I do. Then I give myself a "fat day" later in the week. Take advantage of all the fresh fruits and veggies that are coming into season. Grill up some pineapple and top it with Greek yogurt. Have a big ole slice of watermelon. That alone with fill you up and make you piss like a race horse!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend. Please be safe and if you over indulge, IT IS OK! Just go do a 10 minute tabata workout, you will be A OK!
XO,
Lori

2 comments:

  1. Great tips!! Going to a BBQ shortly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaThYoBWz1Y

    ReplyDelete