Image Map

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My special day is STILL awesome...

button
 
My 16th birthday.
Oh snap!
The birthday where I officially get to put myself behind the wheel of a car instead of fake driving in the passenger seat.
I still don't understand why that break doesn't work on the passenger side front seat of the car?!
Anybody else feel me on that one????
 
Anyways...
I was turning a new leaf.
Getting older.
I felt awesome.
Nothing was going to ruin this day.
 
Right?
Wrong...
 
Not to be all depressing but my 16th birthday just happens to be one of the most depressing days in history...
 
I will never forget sitting in Honors English and another teacher running into Mrs. Coleman's room telling her to turn her television on immediately.
...and the second plane hit.
So my 16th birthday that I had dreamed of for so long was put on a serious hault.
 
The entire rest of my birthday was spent with our eyes glued to the television.
I remember sobbing for these poor people.
And as selfish as it was I was mad.
Angry.
Why?
Why on my birthday???
 
I really had thought everybody just forgot about me and my special day.
Then the weekend rolled around.
That weekend I was spending time at my Dad's.
I remember him asking me to put a blindfold on and he was going to take me somewhere special.
About 45 minutes later I am pulling a blind fold off to family and friends cheering, one huge ass birthday cake, and even a DJ.
SURPRISE!!!!
 
But now on this birthday when everybody is all like OMG your birthday sucks I just smile and say, "No, it doesn't!  I mean hello I was born on this day so it can't be bad!"
 
PS I really need to win that KiKi La Rue gift card Mama needs new clothes.
=)
 

They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
My music so loud
I'm swangin
They hopin that they gon catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty
Tryin to catch me ridin dirty

11 comments:

  1. Your day is extra special bc yo are awesome and you share a bday with my favorite guy... My dad!!!! Love him and Love you even more now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN WE BE MORE THE SAME!?!?! (except make me as cool and funny as you?) For reals! SAME EXACT BIRTHDAY! With the same thing happeninng (minus the DJ, because clearly not as cool). Same age, same thing, same surprise party. SAME! :)

    For the future: you should deff. do a 9/11 birthday link up of some kind. where we celebrate in some fashion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad that I now have a reason to smile on 9/11. love you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend with the same bday and she doesn't let it get her down. You guys are amazing and its your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry your 16th has to be thought of with that event. I guess every birthday is depressing now because of all the coverage on it. Glad you had a blast at your surprise party though! FUN! I never got to have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww! Girl! I think it's special that your birthday is on 9/11 because we all know that you're HOT like fire! Somebody call the fireman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel a little of your pain- my birthday is the 14th of September- which was the day of mourning for the first couple of years after 9/11. Heck it may still be, but like you I clearly feel sympathy/empathy for those who where lost or lost someone that day, but I also celebrate to the MAX! :O) I turned eighteen... We are only a couple years apart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a memorable birthday...wow.
    But at least it's a good day with good memories, not just remembering that day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This mama needs some new clothes too! Haha! You have a memorable birthday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! I am stopping by from Rachel's Country Roots! I am your newest follower. I just love your blog and can't wait to read more! That is definitely a memorable birthday.... Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Marcy. I learn something new about you every day. I had no idea that your birthday was Sept 11th!!

    ReplyDelete