Image Map

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

It's not much but it's better than nothing...

 
I have felt helpless all day watching the footage and hearing all of these horrible stories about Moore, OK.
What can I do when I am here and not there.
I have sat here and thought about it all day.
The obvious is I can pray which I have done and will continue to do.
Just the thought of it makes me tear up.
I can't imagine losing anybody but especially the lives of those precious children.
 
My friend Kimmyyyy lives in Oklahoma.
We were actually joking yesterday about how what she had for lunch was causing in uproar in the bathroom they were all stuck in together at work while waiting out the storm.
And then disaster struck and lives were instantly changed.
I remember a specific story they were talking about last night on the news about a man sitting on a bucket outside of where the Elementary once stood just waiting for any news on his son.
He was actually told at one point there was a good chance his son didn't make it.
He didn't do anything.
He just sat there with tears streaming down his face.
I just can't wrap my brain around that.
I have stared and went through my children's pictures all day today.
I just got word not long ago that a sweet girl named Sydney that Kimmy knew had been found but unfortunately not alive.
 
Please go to Kimmy's page and read about how you can help out Terminy and her boys.
She is a single Momma and lost absolutely everything.
Kimmy has set up a paypal account so that you can directly donate or email Kimmy if you would rather send gift cards, etc.
 
 
If I could leave today to go out and help I would but unfortunately I don't have the means to do that at this time.
However I am doing what I can.
I plan on donating to the paypal account as soon as I get home tonight.
In the meantime my Mary Kay business is doing what it can as well.
For every $10.00 you spend there will be a $1.00 donated specifically to Terminy and her boys.
It's not much but it is better than nothing.
If you click on the picture on the top right hand side of my page it will take you directly to my site.
 
Thanks for everything that everybody is doing to spread the word to help these people start to rebuild.
It won't take the pain away but it's a start...

2 comments:

  1. hey girl.....I know so sad, will stop and make a donation. I miss hearing from ya, sure youre busy at work, well and home with all them rugrats:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Oklahoma too. I'm thankful that I didn't experience any damage to my property. I was in panic mode for Monday and Tuesday. I've prayed. I tried to give blood. I may volunteer on Saturday. I'm not from tornado alley and get spooked easily. The mental workouts are exhausting! Estherdavison@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete