Image Map

Monday, December 17, 2012

The Field Trip

So I had promised quite a few ladies that I would share all my secrets about my weight loss journey thus far, and I still will, but just not today unfortunately.
I really do not even have an ounce of snark in me today.
The plain truth is, is that my heart is sad.
All I can think about is the horrible tragedy that occurred Friday in Newtown, Connecticut.
Those poor babies and the absolute bravest teachers.

I just want to take this day to remember all of them.
As many of these families starting as early as today begin to lay the victims to rest let our hearts be with them.
It's 8 days away from Christmas.
All I can think about is MY own two sweet precious babies that are in school.
My own Shelby being in 1st Grade which is the age of most of these children.
It's hard.
My mind just cannot even begin to wrap around the thought of any of this.
I can only hope that all of these poor people and the entire town can find peace in their own hearts.
Let us not focus on all of the evil in the world...
I can assure you there is still plenty of good.

The Field Trip
Please don't cry, we're okay.
We went on a field trip today.
A secret place where there's fun to be had.
And the principle's with us, so we won't be bad.
It's full of toys and rainbow slides.
Cotton candy and high cloud rides.
A funny zoo full of different things.
I even saw a man with wings.
We're not alone so don't you fear.
We're all chaperoned by Jesus here.
It's really nice so I think I'll stay.
And hold your spot until your field trip day.
I know that Christmas is here and there are toys to be given.
So please tell Santa that I'm in Heaven.

Hug your babies and hug them tight....
 

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. As a teacher, this was our worst nightmare come true. Such a tragic event. May those lives be honored today and in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a horrible event. I haven't seen that poem yet, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um cry fest! Where did you find that poem?

    ReplyDelete