Image Map

Monday, January 27, 2014

Progress.

Health and Happiness - Google+

I love this statement above.
It defines me to a T.
The old Marcy would have given up months ago and I would be sitting here behind my computer...
Eating a doughnut, or ten...
Crying reading the success stories of others feeling sorry for myself...
And probably weighing in somewhere around 215 pounds if I had to guess.
me sunday through saturdayme sunday through saturday
When the times got tough I just gave up.
It was easier to eat than workout.
Duh.
And then it was much more satisfying and comforting to eat then it would have ever been to actually get up and move.

It's been almost a year since I decided to take the chance on joining the gym.
{Left is when I first started last year Right was last week}

I will be perfectly honest with you I never expected the habit to last.
I would constantly put myself down at the beginning and I would subconsciously tell myself I couldn't do it.
I would never be able to keep this up.

Well here almost a year later, and even when shit got tough (I have been through a lot this past year), I NEVER once gave up.
I might have slacked off here and there but if you have noticed I somehow have always managed to pick myself up and dust myself back off.
That is going to be a huge part of your success.
The scale might not always budge, you may have an off day, you get sick, etc.
Life happens.
Trust me I know I work full time and I have three girls, plus a Husband, plus a fur pup.
I get it.

I have been stuck at 160ish for like six months now.
I am over it.
It's my wall that I have been wanting to bust up for quite some time.
I officially started the Advocare 10 day cleanse this morning.
I really feel like this is going to get me past this wall.
But guess what?
If for some strange reason it doesn't...
Sure I will be sad, but I won't give up.
It will be back to the drawing board to figure out what else I can do to get where I want to be.


Also since I am doing the cleanse I am switching up my eating schedule.
I had my drink and a packet of Low Sugar Oatmeal this morning for breakfast at 8:00am.
I will have a Snack this morning around 10:00am which will probably be a banana.
I will be eating lunch around noon which will be a sweet potato and a small service of brown rice at noon.
I will go workout at 1:00PM and then upon my return I will be making a protein shake.
I will have an afternoon snack around 4:00 if I feel hungry.
Then dinner when I get home at 6:00.
Depending on how I feel I may have a healthy snack before bed but that just depends.
Does anybody else workout at lunch?
Have you ever had any problems with eating before lunch like that?
I know people do it but this will be my first day trying this new eating schedule.
I guess worse case scenario I throw up in front of a bunch of jocks and call it a day right ;)

Hope everybody has a fabulous Monday I am sitting over here wayyyyyy too happy and perky for it being a Monday, and a Monday that is starting my cleanse!!!

PS I still can't believe this used to be me...
 photo signature_zps875a1fd2.jpg
















4 comments:

  1. Marcy you have no idea how much I needed to read this. I'm feeling like a huge failure right about now.
    You look amazing and you will get past that wall. I'm gonna get past mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do work out at lunch and I try to eat at least an hour before I go. I used to eat after, but was just too hungry. You are doing great Marcy and your progress is very motivating to me! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! You keep up the great work! Know you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL! Look at you! Seriously! You are an inspiration to so many! It IS so easy to just sit on the couch and eat some cookies {I may have done that last night} but it's even better to see results! I mean who doesn't love stepping on the scale to see the number go down? Who doesn't love putting on their skinny jeans to have them fit? It's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete