Image Map

Monday, March 10, 2014

This girl...

This girl...
Is confident.
She is happy.
She is smart.
She is beautiful.
She has a heart of gold.
She is inspired.
She is motivated.
She is a wife to an amazing man.
She is a mother to three beautiful girls.
She has a lot to give.
She loves people.
She works hard.
She is caring.
She is considerate.
She is funny.
She likes to laugh, a lot.
She has lost over 100 pounds to date.
She likes cheese more than she should.
She believes in Jesus.
She makes an awesome friend.
She is hyper.
She is OCD.
She is a perfectionist.
She prefers a clean house.
She loves music of any kind.
She is real.
{She believed she could so she did}

Through my entire journey that saying has stuck with me.
I found it the day I was browsing Pinterest for inspiration.
I was 265 pounds, severely postpartum, shit just wasn't pretty.
I printed the saying out and stuck it to my mirror at home.
I looked at it often, sometimes multiple times a day.
Whenever I started to doubt myself I would read it.
It's gotten me through some really hard times.
I was determined to get it as a goal weight present to myself when I got to 140 pounds I would get this tattooed on my side.
This was back when I didn't know better and wanted ALL THE FOODS.
Now standing here today weighing 152 pounds I am confident that I am at an amazing goal.
Seriously over 100 pounds of weight off my body forever.
That is definitely something that deserves major celebration.
So Friday I went and did what I have been wanting to do for so long now.
Something that at one time I really thought would only be a dream of mine.

I FINALLY feel like my life is coming full circle.
Along with all the newness I accepted a new position with another company on Friday.
I gave my two weeks notice at my current employer this morning.
I know there will be tears shed and there is absolutely no hard feelings, just better opportunity.
When I started here I was 22 years old just seeking more money (sorry why lie?)...
I wasn't thinking about my future at all.
The new position is with a company I can truly see myself retiring from.
Great money, better benefits, and room to grown.
GROWTH.
Personal growth.
Even this time last year I probably would not have been able to get this position.
I was still unsure of myself.
When you are happy, confident, and truly able to love yourself that is when things happen for you.
I truly believe that in my heart.
So this is why I am telling you just to do it.
Get your life back.
It's so worth all the hard times...
It makes you see the true beauty in all the good times!

PS don't forget it isn't too late to sign up for mine and Darci's diet bet!
Go here if you would like to do so.

And my girl Val is seriously having one amazing ass giveaway!  Get in on that action right now!
 photo signature_zps875a1fd2.jpg




9 comments:

  1. So proud of you!! and look at that lil waist!! COME ON!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I signed up for the diet bet this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job!! It's always scary & fun at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Congrats on the new job and the excellent ink reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the quote! Just signed up for your dietbets! Won't be doing the weigh in until tomorrow morning since I can't do my final weigh in during this time of day. Super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful post. I may just have to steal that line from you and post it on my whiteboard at work. You're doing awesome, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Friend! How have I not found your blog until now??? Love you mucho on IG--now I got your button on my page:) So proud and happy for you! That tatoo looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tattoo looks awesome! Perfect to go with your new body!

    ReplyDelete