Image Map

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I decided that I Thrive on a flat surace ~ Queen Bee Training Days 2 & 3

One thing you will find out quickly about me, if you don't know me already, is I am super transparent.
I am not all rainbows and sunshine over her 24/7, although I strive to be as positive as possible most of the time.

Running for me has NEVER came easy.
It's actually really fucking hard and more often than not I ask myself whyintheflyingfuck  "Why" am I doing this?
 glee confused why huh gwyneth paltrow GIF
I am still not 100 percent sure I can answer that.
All I know is that this has been a goal of mine for five years and this year is all about facing my fears and crushing my goals.
And the feeling I get after a run compares to nothing else.

Yesterday was a cross-training day for me.
Honestly I find it hard not to want to run on days that I am technically not supposed to.
Yesterday was a 360 and rowing class at Planet Fitness, a 30 minute walk with some girlfriends, and then Barre class last night.
Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling
I was nervous about this morning.
Today was a 3 mile run.
I knew that I had to get up early and go because it is hot as balls in our neck of the woods, as I am sure it is everywhere else, too!
I didn't sleep well at all.
I kept waking up and checking the clock.
I don't know if it was nerves about running or not but every on the hour I found myself glaring over to check the time.
5:30 AM rolled around and I did NOT want to get up.
I had another alarm set for 6:00 AM and decided to roll with that.
It went off and I was literally doing EVERYTHING I could to talk myself out of going.
So many excuses.
A good 40 minutes passed and I FINALLY decided that none of those excuses were good enough.
By 7:35 AM I had put in three miles and was sitting in my car drenched in sweat.
Image may contain: shoes
Those three miles were MUCH easier than they were on Monday.
I won't lie though...
They were still hard.
Hills suck.
PERIOD.
I was questioning myself the entire run...
Still left wondering how in the hell I am ever going to complete 13.1 miles?
I just have to keep on keepin' on and putting one foot in front of the other.

Image result for half marathon training one foot in front of the other quotes
 photo signature_zps875a1fd2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment